Improving your family’s quality of life, saving on energy bills, reducing your carbon footprint, and increasing the value of your home are just a few of the benefits of using large panels in sliding doors.
External sliding doors are perfect for when you want to open up your home to the sights and sounds of the garden. Unlike bi-fold and French doors, the sliding variety does not open out, stack or swing and is easier to operate in a simple gliding motion, as all the opening takes place on one track.
Why use large sliding glass doors?
Sliding doors are able to suit a variety of properties – they’re great for smaller homes where space is at a premium, as the panels do not swing outwards but rather glide to the side in a stack.
Bigger properties are able to accommodate larger spaces and subsequently, larger panel sizes, which minimises the number of doors that are required to open. This effect is amplified when the doors are manufactured in a premium grade aluminium – as not only are panel sizes bigger, but the sightlines are traditionally slimmer than with other materials, creating the effect of a wall of glass. This style also affords easier access to and from your garden, especially with low track heights that can be recessed into the floor for a seamless transition.
Efficient ventilation is another bonus of large panel doors. One door can slide open just slightly, fully, or anywhere in between. Adequate ventilation in your home prevents moisture build-up which protects your health and wards off dampness. Good airflow also helps to rid the interior of unwanted smells from cooking and pets.
This style of patio door fits right in with busy family life, as they won’t slam or get caught by gusts of wind and with the widescreen view, are great for keeping your eye on little ones playing in the garden.
Benefits of sliding doors with large panels
- The larger access is perfect for moving large items in and out of your home.
- Being light and easy to operate, sliding doors make opening and closing simple for a child or somebody in their later years.
- From an aesthetic point of view, these doors afford stunningly wide visual flow between the interior and patio.
- Large sliding patio doors allow natural light to flood into your home affording panoramic scenes.
- The slimmer frames are stunning over a large opening, as they allow for a more unbroken view of the landscape beyond the door.
- Origin Sliding Doors are made with an aluminium frame, so are strong and durable without compromising on quality, style, security, or sightline.
- Large glass panels create an illusion of greater space, giving your home an airier and more open feel.
- Natural light is so important to health and wellbeing, improving focus and helping the body to produce Vitamin D, and large glass panels will allow optimum light into your home.
- Not only is natural light good for your health, but there will be no need to switch on a lamp in the daytime, helping you to save money on energy bills and do your bit for the environment.
- The same is also true for the extra warmth afforded to your home. Origin Sliding Doors are thermally broken which limits the heat transfer from one side of the door to another, so your heat will stay on the inside in the winter months, and will prevent the heat from entering in the summer months.
- A large sliding door system extends your interior, opening your home up to the outside and creating an ideal space for relaxing and entertaining.
- The doors are modern and stylish, giving your home an elegant and welcoming feel.
At PSSA specialise in the Fabrication of Stainless Steel Balustrades & Staircases and other Stainless Steel Products as well as the manufacturing and installation of Aluminium doors and windows. Our fabrications are attractive, long-lasting, and affordable. Our products meet all building regulations in terms of glazing and deflection as well as the high manufacturing requirements laid down by AAAMSA. We ensure that industry standards are upheld to deliver professional and quality products both in the Commercial and Residential spheres. Contact Us – +27 71 678 9706 or Visit Our Website